4/24/11

FEATHERWEIGHTS

Fort San Pedro,Cebu  April 13th of 2011.

Call it “Featherweights”.

This was not common to me when it comes to tribal-ish safarian rastafarie look that we wanted to achieve in this shoot that I have with Mr. Kiddo Canovas and a very young 14-year old photographer Kurt whom I have worked with before.

The concept was about a nymph wondering in her garden. Much as I wanted to interpret the scenario, it was just simply a photoshoot. Everytime I have a photoshoot whether paid or x-deal I still manage to bring my complete gear and other necessities for the shoot. I even designed the accessories which are made of indigenous materials from abaca ropes to colorful feathers.

Feathers? Haha my classmates would always get my attention everytime the word feathers pop up in class especially in decorations. I usually use feathers in my journals or scrapbook which I am fond of putting. I am really in love with feathers which I even don’t know. I guess, I like its softness and the wonders of how God made it so wonderful. Anyways, I also brought some bangles which have animal prints and violet-green seaweed colored gown which I got from my treasure chest. Haha

Here is a sample look of my masterpieces that I made earlier that time when we had a shoot later the afternoon.
Accessories I made aside from the ready-made bangles i bought in Colon.


close-up shot of Apple.

the magic of hair extensions- the Goddess Portraiture
 I am always looking after the photoshoots of the America’s Next Top Model Seasons. I have in my gondola seasons 1-14. Haha It really really inspired me to do a lot of concepts about photo shoots and set directions. And then I based it on ANTM cycle 14 in their bi-racial shoot.  On the other hand, with her make-up, I tried to use color blocking technique which is evident in her eye color and lips. Since, our model Apple Colminares has short wavy hair; I put some hair extensions to it to denote a long hair which nymph on the river has. Gladly, the hair was not that obvious.  

 Since the shoot was a concept we made and since I brought my own camera too, I decided to document the shoot as well and took some clips. Here are some of my shots. Please bear with me because I am not really that pro.



photos by: James Cañete, styling/ makeup: James Cañete


Thanks to our muse this day, Apple whom I worked with for the first time and acts like a professional model. It was humid that time, very tiring yet the team manages to shoot. I guess it all went well.








No comments:

Post a Comment