4/20/11

ZEE LIFESTYLE APRIL2011

Zee Lifestyle April 2011 Issue

The Zee Magazine April 2011 has finally arrived in the bookshelves in the metropolis. I waited for this for about 3 months after we had our photoshoot at Talima Islands and Water Adventures last January 2011. I was very excited knowing that VIP tickets for freelancer like me rarely get it. So I decided to jump in into the opportunity given. Me and my assistant make-up artist Rj worked hand in hand to impress the zee people. I was given sample pegs for the hair and make-up concept. The idea was about loose hair, braided, simple. The make-up look was inspired to runway show look with less eye make-up but having bold and bright lips.

This was my first time to work with the Zee Team. I did not at first that I’ll be the one to do make-up for the cover. A first timer like me was pressured because I am working with some of Cebu’s respected artists. As we rode on the boat to the location, I came to know that the photographer was Jan Gonzales, whom I idolize for taking such brilliant photos about fashion and the likes. He has that certain trademark in his artistry. Minutes later, we arrived at the locale and then started to do our task. Everything was documented and properly planned from the accessories to the right outfit to wear. 
the ZEE LIFESTYLE MAGAZINE April2011 Cover

inside scoops photo inspired in the music festivals like Coachella

credits

I enjoyed the time waiting for this publication. I am very much proud of myself knowing that I did my best. Thanks to Ms. Katsy Borromeo ( Managing Editor, Zee) and to Ms. Pia Echievarria( In –House Writer, Zee) and the rest of the team. Thank you so much.



THE ALL GIRLS GETAWAY, LIFESTYLE NETWORK MANILA

 
On the same issue, my design and make-up works were also published in this magazine. I was really, really happy knowing that erratums didn’t take its point. The All girls getaway was done here in Cebu as part of their price of winning the Lifestyle Network Promo.It was all about girls who have been for 20 years and more remained friends even though they have their families and different works.

The story behind my inclusions about this event was that a friend of mine, Dierrek Crisostomo, whom I have known through Facebook referred me to Mr. Don Corton of Lifestyle Network Manila. It was on that late afternoon, where I was drowning into the bustling grounds on my way home, someone called me and asked me if I am willing to be part of the said event. Haha without second thought, I answered Yes! I was very happy that they included me to be part of this coverage. I did make-up for one of the five girls and assisted Mr. Romero Vergara who is one of the official make-up artist that day.

The video coverage was aired on Lifestyle Network SkyCable Channel 52 last February.


Unluckily, I haven’t watched any of the episodes which appeared 5 times in different slots the whole week. Haha The shoot took place at Hotel Elizabeth last December 2010. I was kinda hesitant to push through my commitment of this footage because that time I had a mid-term exam to catch those days. The footage took place for about 3 days here in Cebu from Hotel Elizabeth to Shangri-La Mactan ( sponsors of the event). But I still manage my time from attending classes and doing my part time job as a make-up artist.

Sample Photo Clips from Zee Magazine.

photo clips

credits

first time to be featured as a designer

I hope to have more projects with them. thanks a lot! MYMP!

No comments:

Post a Comment